Smart Card Alliance members come from all industry sectors, from more than 200 U.S.-based and international organizations, covering the full spectrum of industry suppliers, integrators and end user organizations that support the implementation of smart card based systems. Membership is open to individuals and companies who focus resources and energy on the utilization of smart card technology.
- Most active industry sectors: corporate, financial, government, electronic security, transit, mobile, healthcare, retail
- Most active technology segments: suppliers of chips, cards, readers, POS terminals, application software/middleware, PKI, card personalization, biometrics, and integration services
- Active card issuer groups: government, financial, mass transit, healthcare, corporate enterprise, mobile
- International members by business type: card manufacturing and services, microprocessor chips, contactless chips and cards, readers, testing, and biometrics
The Smart Card Alliance offers five levels of membership, each designed to meet your specific needs. The membership period begins on the first day of the month of your approved membership agreement, and runs for 12 months. Renewal notices are sent approximately 45 days prior to the one year anniversary date. Learn more about the different membership levels.
If you are interested in joining the Alliance, you may download a membership application, or contact us directly. By submitting the application, you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the Smart Card Alliance Bylaws and Policies.
Benefits of Membership:
The benefits of membership in the Smart Card Alliance are numerous, from networking to professional development. In addition to specific benefits you will receive under your level of membership, all members enjoy the following advantages:
- Networking–connecting with valuable contacts and making new ones that can help your organization grow
- Conferences–receiving one or more complimentary registration for most Alliance meetings and conferences
- Visibility–putting your organization at the forefront of the industry
- Information, research and education–through conferences, training programs, council participation, white paper publications, and web-based resources
- Business and industry growth–lowering costs and increasing vendor choices through support for standards and industry interoperability
- Business and industry outreach–promoting the value of smart card technology to expand business opportunities
- Influence with policy makers, media and analysts–through association outreach to government and commercial organizations adopting smart card technology and to organizations influencing technology selection
- Innovation–exploring new ways of approaching common business goals
- Professional development–through education and training of industry professionals
If you prefer to download individual documents that comprise our membership kit, you can access them here.
Download our brochure, which provides a broad overview of the Smart Card Alliance.