From the Executive Director
Welcome to the March Monthly Member Bulletin. We’ve assembled a mix of news and information that I trust you’ll find informative and helpful as we say goodbye to the big chill that has enveloped much of the U.S. Mobile payments are firmly in the spotlight, with new schemes and players entering the market. You can learn more about this by reading my letter this month. Also check out our Center of Excellence profile on First Data, get updates on Council activities, mark your calendars for our Government Conference which is moving to June from October, and a lot more. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, The True Cost of Data Breaches In the Payments Industry, to provide an educational resource for payments industry stakeholders on the potential tangible and intangible costs that could be incurred during a data breach.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- oti Receives Favorable Patent Infringement Ruling against T-Mobile
- What Is the True Cost of a Data Breach to an Organization?
- China Telecom selects Gemalto to deploy mobile NFC transport in China’s two largest cities
- Smart Card Alliance to Host Workshop on EPACS and Smart Cards for Government and Commercial Organizations at ISC West 2015
- Gemalto solution powers a unified national registry for Oman’s identity documents
- Major U.S. student loan servicing agency implements Gemalto’s authentication to comply with federal security standards
- Shoreline’s off-the-shelf solution speeds up EMV Deployment for U.S. banks
- JETCO launches mobile NFC services in Hong Kong and Macau with Gemalto’s Trusted Service Hub
- TSYS Named as a 2015 World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute
- NBS Technologies and Smart Card IT Solutions Lead in Global Integration
Smart Card News: Members
- Audio: FederalNewsRadio Interview With Randy Vanderhoof
- Audio: MarketWatch: Why your next credit card may look different
- Audio: BankInfoSecurity: How Will Apple Pay Impact U.S. EMV?
- Video: CBS Chicago, Broadcast: “Switch To Safer ‘Chip’ Cards Not Happening Fast Enough For Some Consumers”
- Audio: Bank Info Security: The Biggest Challenge to EMV Migration
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.