From the Executive Director
Welcome to the August Monthly Member Bulletin. Late last month the Smart Card Alliance hosted a special event commemorating the 10th anniversary of the signing of HSPD-12, This mandatory, government-wide standard called for secure and reliable forms of ID issued for federal employees and contractors to access federally-controlled networks and facilities. I was honored to publicly recognize the many individuals who helped provide security to our nation in the face of those who are bent on destroying the very best of this country – our citizens. You can learn more about the event by reading my letter this month. Also check out our profile on Ultra Electronics ID, get updates on Council activities, and mark your calendars for a full schedule of events. Read the complete letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Mobile and NFC Council recently published a white paper on host card emulation (HCE). The white paper is an excellent educational resource on what HCE is, how it’s used, how it compares with the secure element-based card emulation approach, and what security aspects should be considered for HCE-enabled applications.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- New Smart Card Alliance White Paper Examines NFC and Host Card Emulation (HCE) Opportunities, Security Considerations
- Security Industry Veteran Joins the Smart Card Alliance as Director of Training Programs
- ACS Launches ACR39T-A1 and ACR39T-A3
- TSYS Enables Secure Commerce with Tokenization
- ACS an Exhibitor in IOTE 2014
- TSYS Releases Payment Security White Paper
- Smart Card Alliance Celebrates U.S. Federal Government’s ID Security Successes at HSPD-12 10th Anniversary Event
- Smart Card Alliance Latin America (SCALA) Partners with Florida State University – Panama on Smart Card Technology Education Program
- FIME First North American Laboratory Accredited by Visa to Perform Level One Testing
- TSYS Signs PRIME 4 Agreement with Leading Private Bank in the UK
Smart Card News: Members
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
- Video: CNN: The risky game of credit card technology
- Video: CNBC: Smart cards are coming to America
- Video: NBC NY interview with Randy Vanderhoof
- Audio: WBAL-AM interview with Randy Vanderhoof
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.