April 2015 Member Bulletin – Defining Strong Authentication
We’ve assembled a mix of news and information that I trust you’ll find informative and helpful as we finally usher in spring, if not in temperatures but in calendar year. “Strong authentication” is something that seems to have several definitions. I go into detail about this notion in my Executive Director letter this month, the topic of which was prompted by learning of the increase in cyber threats in 2014 against federal information technology systems. Also check out our Center of Excellence profile on Discover, get updates on Council activities, take a look at our new EMV resources, and learn a whole lot more going on within the Smart Card Alliance. As always, thank you for your support of our organization. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, The True Cost of Data Breaches In the Payments Industry, to provide an educational resource for payments industry stakeholders on the potential tangible and intangible costs that could be incurred during a data breach.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- New Research Reveals Wide Gap between Perception and Reality of Perimeter Security Effectiveness
- Shoreline launches on-the-spot EMV card issuance for U.S. community banks and credit unions
- NAHAM and LifeMed ID: Innovative Healthcare Partnership Develops Groundbreaking Continuing Education Program
- Smart Card Alliance Releases Specifications Guide to Streamline High Security Access Control Implementations
- oti’s New CONNECT 3000 Telemetry Controller Expands Vending and Self-Serve Market Offering
- Internet-of-Things solutions enabled by Gemalto win 2015 Connected World Awards
- Coop Bank Denmark first to deploy Gemalto’s unique bio-sourced contactless EMV cards
- Smart Card Alliance 14th Annual Government Conference to Cover Security Advances in Identity Credentials, Mobile ID, Healthcare and More
- oti Receives Favorable Patent Infringement Ruling against T-Mobile
- What Is the True Cost of a Data Breach to an Organization?
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.