Countdown Begins for EMV Shift
Welcome to our first newsletter of 2015! We’ve assembled a mix of news and information that I trust you’ll find informative and helpful as we usher in the new year. The countdown to the October 2015 EMV fraud liability shift has begun, as has the anticipation and trepidation surrounding it. You can learn more about this by reading my letter this month. Also check out our profile on Verifone, get updates on Council activities and EMV resources, take advantage of a special member discount on upcoming Data Privacy Workshops, and a lot more. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, Technologies for Payment Fraud Prevention: EMV, Encryption and Tokenization, to describe the role of EMV, encryption and tokenization for securing the payments infrastructure and preventing payment fraud.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- TSYS and Banco CSF S.A. Extend Payments Agreement
- Smart Card Alliance Highlights 2014 Identity, Access Control and Health and Human Services Council Accomplishments, Announces New Council Leadership
- TSYS and Ingenico Group to Offer EMV, NFC and Apple Pay Enabled POS Payment Solutions
- Gemalto prepaid EMV banking cards extend reach of Vodacom m-pesa mobile wallet in South Africa
- oti WAVE NFC Payment Solution Adopted by Taiwanese Banking Consortium
- OTI PetroSmart Awarded Global Tender by Multinational Oil Company to Supply EasyFuel Plus
- Smart Card Alliance Announces 2014-2015 Board and Executive Leadership
- Uruguay selects Gemalto for eID secure document and issuance solution
- TSYS Releases Insights on Payment Preferences of Business Travelers and Travel Administrators
- Smart Card Alliance Wraps Up 2014 Accomplishments in Payments, Transportation, and Mobile and NFC Councils, Announces New Council Leadership for 2015
Smart Card News: Members
- Audio: MarketWatch: Why your next credit card may look different
- Audio: BankInfoSecurity: How Will Apple Pay Impact U.S. EMV?
- Video: CBS Chicago, Broadcast: “Switch To Safer ‘Chip’ Cards Not Happening Fast Enough For Some Consumers”
- Audio: Bank Info Security: The Biggest Challenge to EMV Migration
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.