From the Executive Director
Welcome to the July Monthly Member Bulletin. The summer weather is not the only hot topic being discussed. Data breaches have infected yet more establishments, and card fraud activity continues. Learn more about my thoughts on this by reading my letter this month. Also check out our profile on XTec, get an update on our new training and certification program for E-PACS engineers, learn more about SCALA’s recent partnership with Florida State University, and keep up with Council activities. Read the complete letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Mobile and NFC Council recently published a white paper on Bluetooth low energy (BLE). As security concerns continue to be addressed, BLE may very well become a common and trusted transport layer for mobile marketing, mobile services, and even mobile payments. The white paper is an excellent educational resource on what BLE is, how it’s used, and how it fits with other mobile technologies.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- Government Leaders to Present on Identity, Access Security Achievements at Smart Card Alliance 10th Anniversary Celebration of HSPD-12
- ProPay Launches TSYS Guardian CyberShield in Partnership with ThreatMetrix to Provide Advanced Fraud Prevention Solutions
- Patients Registered in Seconds, No Duplicates, Improved Safety and Reduced Fraud
- Mid Coast Health Innovates Patient Workflow Process and Eliminates Duplicate Records with LifeMed ID Patient Identity
- ACS a Speaker in Cardware 2014: Payment and Digital ID Insights
- Smart Card Alliance Invites Speaking Proposals for 13th Annual Government Conference
- U.S. NFC Mobile Technology Adoption to be Spurred by the ‘Big Three’: HCE, BLE and EMV
- oti Lands Five-Year Arlington County Cashless Parking Contract
- Smart Card Alliance Explores Opportunities and Challenges with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Mobile Technology in New White Paper, “BLE 101″
- oti Launches Trio Modular Payments Reader
Smart Card News: Members
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
- Video: CNN: The risky game of credit card technology
- Video: CNBC: Smart cards are coming to America
- Video: NBC NY interview with Randy Vanderhoof
- Audio: WBAL-AM interview with Randy Vanderhoof
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.