Smart Card Credentialing Carries More Weight
We’ve been busy getting ready for the upcoming 13th Annual Smart Card Alliance Government Conference that starts with a pre-conference day on October 28th and moves into full mode October 29th and 30th. Coincidentally, I’ve been focused on activities and news regarding the future direction of the federal government credentialing and usage; you can learn more about this by reading my letter this month. Also check out our profile on SEPTA, mark your calendar for dates of upcoming Alliance events, see who is newly CSEIP-certified, and a lot more. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, Technologies for Payment Fraud Prevention: EMV, Encryption and Tokenization, to describe the role of EMV, encryption and tokenization for securing the payments infrastructure and preventing payment fraud.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- SHAZAM chooses Gemalto’s EMV consulting services to advance U.S. migration
- Infineon introduces revolutionary “Coil on Module” package technology for Dual Interface eIDs, eDrivers’ licenses or eHealth Cards
- Gemalto cloud security platform now integrates with Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services
- Gemalto dramatically simplifies global rollout for Swiss connected watch
- Infineon FIDO Ready Certified Device Portfolio Now Includes USB Token Reference Design Based on SLE 78 Security Controller
- The Netherlands selects Gemalto to introduce new electronic driving license
- Smart Card Alliance White Paper: U.S. Payments Industry Can Layer EMV Chip, Encryption and Tokenization Security Technologies to Help Protect Against Card Fraud
- oti and Cantaloupe Systems to Benefit From Apple Pay Adoption in North American Vending Market
- Smart Card Alliance Supports Federal Government’s BuySecure Initiative
- ACS an Exhibitor in Smart Card Alliance Government Conference 2014
Smart Card News: Members
- Audio: BankInfoSecurity: How Will Apple Pay Impact U.S. EMV?
- Video: CBS Chicago, Broadcast: “Switch To Safer ‘Chip’ Cards Not Happening Fast Enough For Some Consumers”
- Audio: Bank Info Security: The Biggest Challenge to EMV Migration
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
- Video: CNN: The risky game of credit card technology
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.