Smart Card Credentialing Carries More Weight
We’ve been busy getting ready for the upcoming 13th Annual Smart Card Alliance Government Conference that starts with a pre-conference day on October 28th and moves into full mode October 29th and 30th. Coincidentally, I’ve been focused on activities and news regarding the future direction of the federal government credentialing and usage; you can learn more about this by reading my letter this month. Also check out our profile on SEPTA, mark your calendar for dates of upcoming Alliance events, see who is newly CSEIP-certified, and a lot more. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Mobile and NFC Council recently published a white paper on host card emulation (HCE). The white paper is an excellent educational resource on what HCE is, how it’s used, how it compares with the secure element-based card emulation approach, and what security aspects should be considered for HCE-enabled applications.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- NetSpend to Present at PayThink
- TSYS Signs PRIME 4 Agreement with Banco del Bajío
- Nedbank deploys Gemalto’s plug-and-play solution to secure online banking for corporate clients
- Smart Card Alliance Announces Identity Management and Cybersecurity Keynote Presentations for 13th Annual Government Conference
- Infineon’s ‘iKaffee’ EMV Payment Solution Speeds Customer Time-to-Market With Security and Functional Approval from Visa Inc.
- Smart Card Alliance Now Accepting Speaking Proposals for the 8th Annual Payments Summit
- The 13th Annual Smart Card Alliance Government Conference to Cover Security Advances in Identity Credentials, Mobile ID, Healthcare and More
- ACS a Speaker and Sponsor in NFC Bootcamp 2014
- TSYS and iMobile3 Partner to Provide Apple Pay Integration
- TSYS Supports Apple Pay
Smart Card News: Members
- Video: CBS Chicago, Broadcast: “Switch To Safer ‘Chip’ Cards Not Happening Fast Enough For Some Consumers”
- Audio: Bank Info Security: The Biggest Challenge to EMV Migration
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
- Video: CNN: The risky game of credit card technology
- Video: CNBC: Smart cards are coming to America
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.