EMV Chip Migration: A Top Priority
At last week’s Smart Card Alliance 2015 Payments Summit in Salt Lake City, two distinct themes played out frequently among the 100+ speakers selected to participate in front of a group of more than 600 attendees. I expand on those themes and more in my letter in this quarter’s Smart Card Talk newsletter. We also have an update on Alliance Councils, a Member Profile on TSYS, new CSCIP and CSEIP recipients, and much more. Thank you for your interest and support of the Smart Card Alliance. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, Technologies for Payment Fraud Prevention: EMV, Encryption and Tokenization, to describe the role of EMV, encryption and tokenization for securing the payments infrastructure and preventing payment fraud.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- At Mobile World Congress 2015, Gemalto brings trust into new digital lifestyles
- Gemalto adds new Tokenization options to Its Trusted Services Hub
- Update on the SIM card encryption keys matter
- Information regarding a report mentioning a hacking of SIM card encryption keys
- Gemalto launches mobile eBanking solution to protect Japanese from “Ore-Ore” fraud
- Etisalat adopts Gemalto mobile NFC solution for accessing office facilities
- Smart Card Alliance Invites Speaking Proposals for 14th Annual Government Conference Coming in June
- Gemalto Releases Findings of 2014 Breach Level Index
- Payments Summit Wraps Up: More than 600 Executives Gather for Discussion on Critical Year for EMV Chip, Transit and Mobile Payments
- Gemalto acquires Trüb AG’s secure document business further strengthening its world leadership in digital identity programs for governments
Smart Card News: Members
- Audio: MarketWatch: Why your next credit card may look different
- Audio: BankInfoSecurity: How Will Apple Pay Impact U.S. EMV?
- Video: CBS Chicago, Broadcast: “Switch To Safer ‘Chip’ Cards Not Happening Fast Enough For Some Consumers”
- Audio: Bank Info Security: The Biggest Challenge to EMV Migration
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.