Eliminating Cyber Threats
In the wake of the data breach involving the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) where 4.1 million federal employee records were stolen, one of the hot topics at the 14th Annual Smart Card Alliance Government Conference was re-energizing the federal government’s efforts to start using PIV credentials to secure information access and system privileges. I go into detail about this in my Executive Director letter this month. Also check out our Center of Excellence (COE) Profile on UL, get updates on Council activities, and learn much more about what’s going on within the Alliance. As always, thank you for your support of our organization. Read the letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, EMV and Parking, in partnership with the International Parking Institute. The white paper was developed for parking industry stakeholders as an educational resource about the critical aspects of deploying an EMV solution in the parking infrastructure.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- TSYS Extends Relationship with INVEX
- Smart Card Alliance and International Parking Institute Collaborate to Help Parking Industry Transition to EMV Chip Technology and Implementation
- TSYS Research Reveals Canadian Consumers Prefer Credit Cards as Payment Choice
- TSYS Signs NCB Jamaica to PRIME 4 Agreement
- Next-Generation Transport Ticketing at Work in Columbia’s Innovation City; Standards-Based Smart Card Pilot Delivers Convenience, Flexibility and Security
- Gemalto cloud service enables mobile subscribers in Indonesia to securely backup personal data
- Billing System Corporation and oti Partner to Provide NFC Payment Solutions in Japan
- Orange Business Services and Gemalto join forces to provide customers with highly secure access to cloud-based applications
- Advancing PIV Use for Federal Cybersecurity Headlines the 14th Annual Smart Card Alliance Government Conference
- TSYS Enhances Card Production in the Migration to Chip Cards
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.