Mobile Pays Multiply While Mobile Users Wonder
It has been an interesting time handicapping the latest entries into the mobile wallets market. With each passing month, it seems another mobile wallet solution is announced and the media expounds on why it may be the killer mobile experience. My letter this month discusses the fragmented mobile wallets market and its future as we move into the final stages of EMV migration.
The Payments Council recently published a white paper, Contactless EMV Payments: Benefits for Consumers, Merchants and Issuers. The white paper provides a fresh look at contactless payments in the current U.S. payments environment.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- Gemalto and Ponemon Institute Study: Cloud data security still a challenge for many companies
- EMV Migration Forum Changes Name to US Payments Forum, Expands Focus to Additional Emerging Payments Technologies
- YES BANK secures mobile payment transactions with data encryption solution from Gemalto
- Gemalto enables motorists in Marseille to pay for the actual time spent in parking bays via SMS
- Dai Nippon Printing selects Gemalto to offer cloud-based authentication for secure mobile payments and internet banking in Japan
- Smart Card Alliance White Paper Details Why the Ideal Time for Card Issuers and Retailers to Go Contactless is Now
- Maryland unveils a new secure driver’s license leveraging Gemalto’s polycarbonate technology
- Orange joins forces with Gemalto to launch the Samsung Gear S2 Classic 3G in France, the first connected watch with a built-in SIM
- Test Shows Infineon Payment Chip Technology Speeds Creation of Visa Contact Payment Cards
- Gemalto fast-tracks LTE adoption for IoT in Japan
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.