From The Executive Director
Much has been discussed and written in the press lately about the slow speed of EMV chip transactions and the long delays merchants are experiencing getting their businesses EMV certified. My letter this month explains what’s happening with these complicated issues.
The Payments Council recently published a white paper, Contactless EMV Payments: Benefits for Consumers, Merchants and Issuers. The white paper provides a fresh look at contactless payments in the current U.S. payments environment.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- Smart Card Alliance Security of Things 2016 Conference to Highlight Need for Security, Privacy and Authentication in IoT
- KDDI in Japan selects Gemalto’s Connected cars and IoT solution
- New FIDO certified Bluetooth solution for secure mobile internet usage
- TSYS and Equinox Launch Semi-integrated EMV Solution for Lodging
- Government Leaders Report Rising Use of PIV Credentials and Movement Towards Mobile Credentials at Smart Card Alliance Securing Federal Identity 2016 Conference
- New Toolkit Helps Banks Prepare For Digital Payments
- Smart Card Alliance Security of Things Conference Brings Security and Privacy to the Forefront of the Internet of Things
- Smart Card Alliance Securing Federal Identity 2016 Agenda Covers Advances in Identity Management and Authentication in Government
- Smart Card Alliance and International Parking Institute Publish New Edition of EMV and Parking White Paper
- Smart Card Technology Enhances FIDO Implementations for Strong Authentication
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.