Will Healthcare Warm to Security?
The impact of secure chip technology has varied greatly in various markets because of the separate and unequal strength of market drivers in each segment. I expand on this theme and more in my letter in this quarter’s Smart Card Talk newsletter. We also have an update on Alliance Councils, a Member Profile on Ingenico, new CSCIP and CSEIP recipients, and much more.
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, The True Cost of Data Breaches In the Payments Industry, to provide an educational resource for payments industry stakeholders on the potential tangible and intangible costs that could be incurred during a data breach.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- LifeMed ID named “Electronically Readable Card Vendor” in GAO Medicare Recommendation Report
- Infineon Joins Datacard Validation Program to Accelerate Roll-out of EMV Compliant Smart Cards
- Gemalto launches unique ultra-thin electronic passport inlay and cover
- Gemalto boosts eGovernment adoption by securely combining eID cards and NFC phones
- Industry Leaders to Discuss Security Advances in Identity Credentials, Mobile ID, Healthcare and More at the Smart Card Alliance 14th Annual Government Conference
- Gemalto contactless payment wristbands enable speedy and secure purchases for Saracens supporters
- Get the Facts about Chip Cards at GoChipCard.com
- Infineon Leads Industry with Trusted Computing: New OPTIGA™ TPM Security Controller with SPI Bus is First to Receive Common Criteria Certificate
- ICMA, Smart Card Alliance Colocate Conferences
- Gemalto launches Ezio Dynamic Fraud Manager, optimizing fraud protection for online banking
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.