IoT Needs Identity Security Too
A new network of connected devices has emerged under the name of the Internet of Things, or IoT for short. Many of our member organizations who provide secure chips and services related to applications for chip technology are actively pursuing the IoT market, and every market that has been an adopter of smart card technology and secure solutions also has an interest in IoT. My letter this month explains the importance of the Smart Card Alliance in making IoT more secure as well.
The Smart Card Alliance Identity Council recently published a white paper, Smart Card Technology and the FIDO Protocols. The white paper was developed to describe the role of smart card technology in implementations of the FIDO protocols.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- Smart Card Alliance Expands Focus to Internet of Things, Forms New Council to Accelerate Adoption of Secure Architectures
- Smart Card Alliance Outlines New Paradigm for a Secure, Streamlined Healthcare Industry in New Infographic
- US Payments Industry Executives Gather at the Smart Card Alliance’s 2016 Payments Summit and the ICMA EXPO
- Revamped Smart Card Alliance Government Conference Offers Refreshed Look at Government Identity and Authentication
- Model for Open Payments Architecture in Transit Outlined in Smart Card Alliance White Paper
- Infineon presents world’ smallest plug-and-play NFC security module for smart wearables
- oti and Billing System Corporation Demonstrate NFC-based Cashless Payment Solutions at RETAILTECH JAPAN
- oti Receives Significant Follow-On Orders for NFC Readers From Major North American Customer
- Smart Card Alliance 2016 Education Program Aligns to Requirements Outlined in President Obama’s Cybersecurity National Action Plan
- Smart Card Alliance White Paper Provides Vision for Healthcare Identity Authentication and EMV Payments Convergence
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.