Uncertainty at the Register
Carrying around a wallet full of EMV chip cards and finding a merchant that will accept them reminds me a lot of the swimming pool game of “Marco Polo.” It’s as if I’m ready to pay for my purchase and, with eyes closed, standing at the check-out asking “EMV chip-enhabled?,” not sure if I’ll get a response. I expand on this theme and more in my letter in this quarter’s Smart Card Talk newsletter. We also have results on our 2015 Annual Member Survey, an update on Alliance Councils, a Leadership Council Profile on Visa, new CSCIP and CSEIP recipients, and much more. Read more…
The Smart Card Alliance Payments Council recently published a white paper, EMV and Parking, in partnership with the International Parking Institute. The white paper was developed for parking industry stakeholders as an educational resource about the critical aspects of deploying an EMV solution in the parking infrastructure.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- TSYS Executives Discuss Women’s Impact in Payments Industry
- Smart Card Alliance Annual Member Meeting Brings Cross-Industry Perspectives Together on Smart Cards and Applications
- TSYS Launches New Suite of Business Intelligence Products
- 2015 NFC Solutions Summit Comes to Phoenix to Highlight the Role of NFC Mobile Technology in the U.S.
- European Issuers Can Thrive in a Tokenisation-Enabled Ecosystem
- OT Launches ‘Chip Card Insider’ EMV Blog
- TSYS and Acquirer Systems Launch ASTREX to Simplify EMV Certification Process
- California selects Gemalto for automated identity document verification
- TSYS Extends Relationship with U.S. Bank
- TSYS Extends Relationship with INVEX
Smart Card News: Members
- ‘Smart Card’ to keep in-store purchases secure; some stores not ready to update technology yet
- In Focus: Two-factor Authentication
- ‘Roadmap’ Clarifies Fraud Liability Shift
- Video: CreditCards.com: EMV FAQ 1: Do I need to swipe my EMV credit card?
- Video: EMV FAQ 2: Do I need a PIN for my EMV credit card?
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.