The Mobile Industry: A Complicated Relationship
On cable television, there are a number of reality television programs with the word “war” in their titles. “Storage Wars,” “Parking Wars,” “Design Wars” and “Cupcake Wars” all tap into specific viewer interests. Mobile devices – namely their capabilities, features and owner expectations – elicit strong emotions in people, from consumers to industry professionals. Now that Apple has now jumped into the payments space, I write more about the co-dependent relationships among mobile device manufacturers, network providers, merchants and payment networks – the “Mobile Wallet Wars” – in my letter in this quarter’s Smart Card Talk newsletter. We also have an update on Alliance Councils, a Member Profile on Xerox, new CSEIP recipients, and more. Thank you for your interest and support of the Smart Card Alliance. Read the complete letter.
The Smart Card Alliance Mobile and NFC Council recently published a white paper on host card emulation (HCE). The white paper is an excellent educational resource on what HCE is, how it’s used, how it compares with the secure element-based card emulation approach, and what security aspects should be considered for HCE-enabled applications.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- The 13th Annual Smart Card Alliance Government Conference to Cover Security Advances in Identity Credentials, Mobile ID, Healthcare and More
- ACS a Speaker and Sponsor in NFC Bootcamp 2014
- TSYS and iMobile3 Partner to Provide Apple Pay Integration
- TSYS Supports Apple Pay
- oti America Receives $800K Order for NFC Readers From New Channel Partner for the Self-Service Market
- ACS Among Forbes Asia’s Best Under a Billion 2014
- New Smart Card Alliance White Paper Examines NFC and Host Card Emulation (HCE) Opportunities, Security Considerations
- Security Industry Veteran Joins the Smart Card Alliance as Director of Training Programs
- ACS Launches ACR39T-A1 and ACR39T-A3
- TSYS Enables Secure Commerce with Tokenization
Smart Card News: Members
- Video: House Hearing on Data Breaches: Randy Vanderhoof Testifies in Support of U.S. Move to EMV Chip Payments to Curb Cybercrime
- Video: CNN: The risky game of credit card technology
- Video: CNBC: Smart cards are coming to America
- Video: NBC NY interview with Randy Vanderhoof
- Audio: WBAL-AM interview with Randy Vanderhoof
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.