News : Business Opportunities
The Smart Card Alliance will post requests for proposals and requests for information for projects requiring smart card technology. Please send your business opportunities to [email protected].
The Smart Card Alliance reserves the right to determine what business opportunities are posted on the Alliance web site. Responses to the business opportunities posted should be sent to the contact listed in the RFP and should not be sent to the Smart Card Alliance.
Open Business Opportunities
- ITS Systems Administrator
- RFI–AFC System for Department of Transport and Main Roads, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
- Smart Card Alliance RFP: Training Strategy Consultant
ITS Systems Administrator
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
Salary: 63,800.00 – 106,300.00
Type: Full Time – Experienced
Category: Technical Support
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Description Of Work: This position is responsible for planning, installation, monitoring, maintenance and quality assurance of the organization’s Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications, hardware, and functional business processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides tier 1 and tier 2 technical support to the organization’s ITS systems that impact public ridership and internal operations.
Maintains and monitors CAD/AVL and other critical ITS systems, servers, storage, database and application needs as well as interfaces with dependent systems within the organization.
Performs system administration duties for the organization’s ITS technologies and analyzes, evaluates and troubleshoots the effect of upgrades and enhancements to the software
Develops, documents, maintains and presents user policies and procedural processes for ITS systems.
Analyzes, identifies and makes recommendations for potential uses of ITS systems to enhance and improve service to the public.
Makes system administration decisions that impact the performance of the fleet wide “Automatic Stop Announcement” and Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI).
All job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications or a closely related field.
A minimum of five years of experience supporting complex mission critical client server systems, operating systems and databases to include UNIX, Linux, Oracle and SQL databases, and Microsoft Server and desktop products in a 24×7 operation.
A minimum of five years of experience in ITS technologies hardware and software support such as automatic passenger counters, CAD/AVL, paratransit and other manifest systems, fare collections systems, automatic stop announcement systems, transit based mobile and web applications, trip planners, IVR’s, 511, electronic signage and content applications, real time information systems, scheduling and operations management systems.
A minimum of five years of experience in the analysis, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of a mission critical client/server based data network, servers and applications.
Proficiency in technological networking principles to include Layer 1-4 networking such as Cat5/Cat6, fiber optics, Ethernet, routing and Wi-Fi.
Proficiency in diagnostic, monitoring, and alarming software technologies and principals using standard protocols like SNMP.
Proficiency in land mobile radio and cellular radio communication principles and systems.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to influence senior management and users to obtain cooperation with accepting and utilizing new ITS systems through training utilizing a high level of coaching and negotiation skills to change behavior.
Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
The ability to respond to system emergencies and system failures on a 24/7 basis.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The work environment is a typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
COMMUNICATION (D): good written and verbal communication, organized thought processes, polite and respectful of others, adapts presentations to the audience
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING: thoroughly thinks out and evaluates alternatives, innovative problem resolution, pro-active approach, initiative to resolve problems
WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT (D): works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities
ETHICS AND INTEGRITY: perceived fairness; tolerance; honesty; consistent in application of policies and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
CUSTOMER FOCUS: communicates courteously and proactively, learns customer’s short-and long-term needs, sees issues from customer’s perspective
SELF DIRECTED: acts independently; accomplishes goals without direct management supervisor or relying on other team members; understands gaps in personal skill set and knows where to go to acquire the support needed to get the job done
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE: specialty field of knowledge is up to date and properly applied
Application Instructions: For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.RTD-Denver.com. Type in the keyword search field IRC22817 for direct routing to this job opening. RTD offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Application must be received by 5:00pm on Friday, August 22, 2014. Regional Transportation District Denver, CO 80202 Job Line – 303-299-2309 EOE/AA/Drug Free
Internal Number: IRC22817
Request for Information
Department of Transport and Main Roads (TransLink Division) Queensland, Australia.
The Queensland Government Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is seeking information from the ticketing supplier industry about equipment and services relating to the provision of an automated fare collection (AFC) system. This information will assist TMR to further refine its requirements for the Next Generation Ticketing Project and understand the capability and capacity of the market to satisfy these requirements.
A Request for Information (RFI) document has been prepared to provide suppliers with:
- Information on the size and nature of the public transport system in Queensland, and
- An overview of the key functionality that the Department is looking to put in place at the completion of its current contract arrangements.
In addition to existing products and services, TMR is interested in receiving information from suppliers about implementation and transition approaches as well as options for future commercial arrangements.
Details of the RFI are available at the Queensland Government’s e-tender website. To view and download the RFI, you will need to register at https://secure.publicworks.qld.gov.au/etender/index.do.
All enquiries in relation to this RFI should be addressed to Nadeem Latif, Project Director (Next Generation Ticketing) by emailing [email protected].
The above information is provided by the TransLink Division of the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR).
April 30, 2014
The Smart Card Alliance has active training and certification programs, including the Certified Smart Card Industry Professionals (CSCIP) course and certification (conducted in-person at Alliance events or at corporate sites) and an online smart card fundamentals course. As a Board strategic initiative, the Alliance is looking to expand training efforts to:
- Develop additional training revenue
- Grow the base of trained smart card professionals in the U.S.
The Smart Card Alliance is seeking a consultant to develop the strategy and plan for expanded training and certification programs. The project should have the following deliverables.
- Develop the recommended strategy and proposed plan for expansion of Alliance training and certification programs. Deliverables should include:
- Benchmark of existing training and certification programs vs. similar programs and assessment of current program structure.
- Recommended plan for offering virtual training.
- Recommended plan for offering virtual certification testing.
- Recommended plan and approach for offering continuing education units for Alliance training programs.
- Recommendations for marketing expanded training and certification programs.
- Develop high-level business model/revenue projection for expanded training and certification programs.
- Recommend approach for implementing expanding training plan, including staffing, partners and timeline.
- Present results to Executive Director and Board of Directors
The consultant will work with the Smart Card Alliance Executive Director; Director, Strategic Programs; and current CSCIP instructors during the project. It is possible that at the conclusion of project, the Alliance will solicit a new proposal for a follow-on project to manage the activities to expand the training and certification programs.
It is anticipated that the project can begin by June 14 and be completed by September 1.
Proposal Content Requirements
Respondents should submit the following:
- An executive summary of the highlights of the proposal that conveys the consultant’s understanding of the purpose and expected outcomes of the project.
- A short 2-3 page summary of the consultant’s perspectives on the key areas that the Smart Card Alliance should be considering in expanding the training and certification programs.
- A list of key personnel who would be involved in the project and their expertise and experience.
- A summary of the consultant’s qualifications and experience. Experience in training program strategy and development is required; experience in the smart card, identity, security or payments industries is desirable. Consultants should have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing training and/or certification programs.
- A work plan that includes a description of the methodology, tasks, timeline and estimated amount of time that would be spent on the project.
- References and contact information for at least three (3) previous consulting projects where the consultant has provided recommendations for training and/or certification programs.
- A schedule of costs for providing services. Consultant should provide fixed price quotes for the project deliverables, and an hourly rate for any activities that would require additional work.
- The Smart Card Alliance will not reimburse costs for the consultant preparing the proposal.
- The Smart Card Alliance reserves the right to cancel the award of contract any time before the execution of the contract by both parties. The responding consultants bear sole risk and responsibility for costs incurred in the preparation and delivery of the proposal.
- The Smart Card Alliance reserves the right to reject any or all responses to this Request for Proposal.
- In cases of disputes over differences of opinions as to the services in the proposal, the decision of the Smart Card Alliance shall be final.
- The Smart Card Alliance reserves the right to ask for clarification in the proposal if the need arises.
RFP Responses and Questions**
Questions on this RFP should be submitted by email to:
Randy Vanderhoof, Executive Director
Smart Card Alliance
Email: [email protected]
Cathy Medich, Director, Strategic Programs
Smart Card Alliance
Email: [email protected]
Respondents must submit the proposal by email by May 12, 2014 to:
Randy Vanderhoof, Executive Director
Smart Card Alliance
Email: [email protected]
Proposals must be received by May 12, 2014. All proposals not received by that date will be returned unopened. The Smart Card Alliance will notify the consultants chosen for further consideration within 30 days after the proposal deadline, and will notify all respondents in writing of the outcome of their proposal within 30 days after the final decision is made.