About the Alliance : Industry Councils
The Smart Card Alliance has member-driven industry and technology councils that are focused groups within the overall structure of the Alliance. Councils have been created to foster increased industry collaboration within a specified industry or market segment and produce tangible results, speeding smart card adoption and industry growth. Groups collaborate on specific deliverables, including reports, briefings and educational material. Active Councils currently include:
- Access Control Council: Accelerating the widespread usage of smart card technology for physical and logical access control.
- Health and Human Services Council: Promoting the adoption of smart cards in healthcare and human services organizations.
- Identity Council: Promoting best policies and practices concerning person and machine identity, including strong authentication and the appropriate authorization across different use cases.
- Internet of Things Security Council: Developing and promoting best practices and providing educational resources on implementing secure IoT architectures using “embedded security and privacy”.
- Mobile Council: Raising awareness and accelerating the adoption of secure payments, loyalty, marketing, promotion/coupons/offers, peer-to-peer, identity, and access control applications using mobile and tethered wearable devices
- Payments Council: Facilitating the adoption of chip-enabled payments and payment applications through education programs consumers, merchants, issuers, acquirers/processors, government regulators, mobile telecommunications providers and payments service providers.
- Transportation Council: Promoting the adoption of interoperable contactless smart card payment systems for transit and other transportation services.
Click here for Smart Card Alliance Council and Chapter email policies.
Council Member Recognition
The Smart Card Alliance Industry Councils are led by members, with deliverables developed by member volunteers. The Councils have made significant contributions to the smart card industry through publishing education and outreach material for different markets, holding educational events, webinars and workshops on key topics, responding to issues in the media, developing industry comments and positions on key government initiatives, and establishing relationships with other key industry groups.
Each year, the Smart Card Alliance recognizes the top individual contributors in each of the industry councils and the council “honor roll”– the individuals who were leading contributors and participants in the council projects and activities.