Alliance Activities : Certified System Engineer ICAM PACS Training and Certification Program : CSEIP Instructors
CSEIP Training and Certification Program Instructors
Bryan Ichikawa, CSCIP, CSEIP
Consultant, Event Marketing and Sales
Smart Card Alliance
Bryan Ichikawa serves as a consultant to the Smart Card Alliance, and is responsible for Marketing and Sales for the organization’s events and conferences. He is also a certified instructor for both the CSCIP and CSEIP programs.
Bryan is a well-recognized figure in the Smart Card Alliance, having been a frequent speaker, long time instructor, Leadership Council member, chair of the Identity Council, and has also served on the Board of Directors in several capacities.
Bryan has more than 30 years of security technology, systems integration, and program management experience. He previously worked for Deloitte, Unisys, and Thomson Media, where he was responsible for conferences and exhibitions.
He holds a B.A. from Lynchburg College.
Lars R. Suneborn, CSCIP-G, CSEIP
Director, Training Programs,
Smart Card Alliance
Before joining the Smart Card Alliance, during his 30 + year career in the security industry, Mr. Suneborn have served in various capacities with HIRSCH Electronics, Oberthur Technologies and has become recognized as a Physical Access Control System (PACS) subject matter leader. Suneborn is a frequent speaker and an active member of the SCA ACC. Suneborn developed and conducted customized, agency specific week-long training courses and courseware as well as Train-the-Trainer activities for a wide variety of US, Canadian and British security agencies at facilities worldwide. Suneborn is often specifically requested by name for specialized training requirements.
Suneborn is actively promoting Smart Card, biometric and PKI cryptographic technologies as vital components in overall system designs for high-risk, high-security facilities nationally and internationally. He is guiding US agencies in their efforts to achieve HSPD-12/ FICAM compliance.
Some achievements include:
- Built a team of Partner companies to create the first HSPD-12 end-to-end (IDMS, CMS, credential creation, issuance, activation, authentication, validation and PACS registration and use of PIV Credential) PACS demonstrated at the NIST hosted CRADA event in June 2006.
- Designed Physical Protection Systems (PPS), developed and taught courses courseware for Physical Protection Systems use in nuclear military sites across the former USSR under contract with US DoE, DoD and IAEA.
- Designed security/safety Pilot system for Sandia National Laboratories BIO Non-Proliferation program domestically and internationally. (BSL3 & BSL4)
- Developed with Dept. of Treasury IT/Security departments the concept and implementation plan for nation-wide ePACS network for 700+ locations. Currently in deployment phase.
- Developed with Security and IT departments of three separate DoJ component agencies. nationwide networks for ePACS Currently in deployment phases.
- Developed Training for PACS deployed in BIO Hazard sites under contract with DOE Sandia National Laboratories.
In addition, Suneborn positions includes Sr. Manager, Technical Marketing, Government Identity Business Line with Oberthur Technologies.