Making the Right Connections
Lack of security is almost commonplace now. Major data breaches are in the news; does anybody take notice? The Smart Card Alliance believes security is under-appreciated and underfunded, and we’ve been proactive by embarking on a number of activities to inform and educate. In this issue, I write about our new Internet of Things Security Council and October’s Security of Things 2016 Conference in Chicago. This end of summer issue also features updates on Alliance Councils, our member profile focuses on Vantiv, the feature article spotlights the transition of the EMV Migration Forum to the U.S. Payments Forum, and we also note our new CSCIP and CSEIP recipients. Read my letter.
The Payments Council is hosting two webinars for merchants and issuers to provide a fresh look at contactless payments benefits and implementation considerations. The webinars will answer the most important questions about the adoption of contactless payments.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- Department of Commerce Awards XTec PIV-Interoperable Credentialing Contract
- Gemalto and Valeo partner to turn your smartphone into a secure car key
- Gemalto releases findings of first half 2016 Breach Level Index
- Smart Card Alliance Webinar to Explore Benefits of Contactless Card and Mobile EMV Payments for US Merchants
- UL Releases Brand Test Tool for Quick Chip and M/Chip Fast
- Cathay United Bank deploys Gemalto’s mobile-based authentication solution to secure online banking in Taiwan
- Smart Card Alliance Highlights Significant Policy Considerations for Access Control in OMB Circular A-130 2016 Update
- Carrefour payment cards go mobile in Spain thanks to Gemalto’s proven Trusted Service Hub
- HMS Ferries to enable fully electronic ticketing using Infineon’s CIPURSE™move ticketing product
- Get The Complete Picture of Mobile Wallets Including Business Opportunities, Security Considerations at the Smart Card Alliance’s September Workshop
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.