Making the Right Connections
Lack of security is almost commonplace now. Major data breaches are in the news; does anybody take notice? The Smart Card Alliance believes security is under-appreciated and underfunded, and we’ve been proactive by embarking on a number of activities to inform and educate. In this issue, I write about our new Internet of Things Security Council and October’s Security of Things 2016 Conference in Chicago. This end of summer issue also features updates on Alliance Councils, our member profile focuses on Vantiv, the feature article spotlights the transition of the EMV Migration Forum to the U.S. Payments Forum, and we also note our new CSCIP and CSEIP recipients. Read my letter.
The Payments Council recently published a white paper, Contactless EMV Payments: Benefits for Consumers, Merchants and Issuers. The white paper provides a fresh look at contactless payments in the current U.S. payments environment.
White Papers & Case Studies
Other Popular Reports
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
- TIM and Samsung launch the first smartwatch in Italy with integrated eSIM, in collaboration with Gemalto
- Smart Card Alliance and ASIS International Reach Agreement on Continuing Education Credits
- World’s first NFC payment ring powered by Infineon’s contactless security chip
- Security and the Internet of Things Connect at the Smart Card Alliance’s Security of Things 2016 Conference
- TSYS Extends Payments Agreement with Swisscard
- Smart Card Alliance Launches New IoT Security and Privacy Information Hub at IoTSecurityConnection.com
- Korean airports upgrade access control with CIPURSE™ based security
- DNP and Gemalto deliver secure IoT connection for businesses and consumers
- Rio de Janeiro launches Gemalto contactless transport ticketing wristband
- Smart Card Alliance Mobile Wallet Workshop Brings Structure to the Wild West of the Mobile Payments Industry
Smart Card News: Members
Smart Card Alliance in the Media
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.